Counseling can be extremely helpful in overcoming all types of challenges people face in life. However, we understand that the deepest healing cannot be provided through counseling alone. Ultimately, we believe that the core of a person can only be changed through the transforming power of Jesus Christ. While we are happy to serve you on a purely therapeutic basis, we encourage you to consider incorporating your spiritual beliefs as well. Please let us know if Christian counseling is something you're interested in.
- Let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance... -- Proverbs 1:5
- Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed. -- Proverbs 15:22
- Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. -- Proverbs 19:20
- The way of fools seems right to them, but the wise listen to advice. -- Proverbs 12:15
- For lack of guidance a nation falls, but victory is won through many advisers. -- Proverbs 11:14
- People tend to do the best they can with the skills that they have.
- People want to be empowered to do better and to solve their own problems.
- People have the ability to change thoughts, attitudes, emotions and skills that will empower them to lead more productive, prosperous, and joyous lives without the need for ongoing counseling support.
- Blaming others gives them power over you, robbing you of the power to improve your own life.
- Behavior is a manifestation of internal beliefs and values.
- Counseling is most effective and long-lasting when skills-training is a significant focus during sessions.